Choosing the Best Wedding DJs in Kelowna
The second most important aspect of your special day, next to walking down the aisle, and saying “I do,” is choosing the best Kelowna wedding DJs to perform at your wedding receptions. There is a wide array of options to choose from when selecting the entertainment for your wedding day. To help ensure you find the best entertainment, remember these useful suggestions and tips:
- Never book a DJ without seeing them in action. Most DJs play at nightclubs and other events where you can go check them out before you book them. If you are unable to see them live, ask for a sampling for their music and meet with them face-to-face.
- Choose a DJ, whose personality and musicality is similar to your own preferences. Otherwise, you run the risk of the DJ playing what they want, not what YOU want. We always take the time to carefully match our DJs with our clients.
- Confirm the DJ or their company is insured to play at your venue. Some venues do require entertainers to have liability insurance in order to play at their location. All of the DJs here at Airwaves Music are fully insured.
- Never make your DJ selection solely based upon the price. It is important to remember you get what you pay for, so if you book the least expensive DJ you can find, chances are your experience is not going to be what you desired. On the other hand, you want to avoid DJs, who overinflate their prices specifically for weddings. Ideally, you want to find a balance in between based upon what you pay and the quality you receive.
- Verify the DJ will honour requests. You want a DJ, who will play the music you and your guests want to hear to ensure everyone has a great time.
- Provide the DJ with your expectations. The DJ needs to listen to what you want and be flexible. After all, it is your wedding day, and you should be able to have the best DJ to make it truly memorable.
- Put everything into a written contract. Written contracts help protect both you and your DJ. They should include your expectations, as well as anything your DJ expects you to supply, like an area offstage to rest in between sets, food, beverages, and so on.
- Take care of your DJ. Make sure you allow your DJ sufficient time to set up and someone is on hand to provide assistance. You may even want to have food and beverages available, too, depending on the time of day.
After your wedding and your honeymoon, remember to post feedback about your DJ on their website, social media pages, and so on. For more information and assistance in finding the best DJ for your wedding or other special event, contact Airwaves Music toll free at (888) 676-7772 and let’s get this party started!